Sunday 16 September 2012

Hello Kitty Cake...

I made a Hello Kitty cake for a friend of mines little girl for her birthday. I got a few ideas off the internet and decided to go for a really girly theme so went for everything pink!

I made a traditional vanilla sponge with a buttercream and jam filling.

To decorate I covered the cake in pastel pink sugar paste.

I then made the main centre piece for the cake, a Hello Kitty face made from white sugarpaste, strengthened with tylo to help the ears stay rigid. I made a small red bow and placed this under one ear as Hello Kitty typical has then added the eyes and whiskers. For the whiskers I strenghtened black sugarpaste with tylo and propped them up to keep them strong however they did droop a bit which was disappointing. I think I made them to thick and heavy. Next time I will make sure I make them thinner and lighter or use a different method to make the whiskers completly. Practise makes perfect :-)

I put the finishing touches on the cake by adding a name banner and small sugarpaste flowers with pearl dragees in the centre.

To keep with the girly theme I used a pretty pink bow to wrap around the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment