Sunday 16 September 2012

Whoppie Pies...

I was given a whoppie pie recipe book for my birthday last year and have only just got around to trying out a recipe for them! I bought a whoopie pie tin which was reduced at the time (bargain!) so I had no excuse not to make them!

A whoppie pie is basically a cake sandwich with a sweet filling, there are so many different recipes to choose from, the options are endless!

I was making them to bring to a friend's dinner party and everyone attending are huge chocoholics so I opted for a chocolate recipe to start with, with a marshmellow filling.

Whoopie pies are so quick to make and cook, I was surprised how easy they were to make and they take barely no time in the oven to cook. They are light and a great alternative to cupcakes.

They are a perfect party treat and take no preparation at all. I would recommend them for any cake baker who is short of time but still wants a sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment