Thursday 12 July 2012

Paul Weller Cake...

I made a Paul Weller themed cake for a friend's 50th birthday as she is a massive Paul Weller fan! Her family picked a picture of Paul Weller and I had it transferred onto an edible icing sheet which I did through a website. There are a few websites which can do this and they post within a few working days.

For this cake I used the chocolate recipe off the BBC food wesbite as it is easy and delicious! Again I used a fresh cream and raspberry jam filling and it came out perfect.

Sticking with the music theme I cut out some music notes and guitar shapes from icing, free hand! I was quite impressed with myself!! I bought a music note cake ribbon from a local cake shop and set the cake on a cake board covered in red icing to bring a bit of colour into the cake.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, wow Laura this cake is lovely and so is all of your wonderful cakes you've shown on this blog. I never knew you had such a talent, I'm sooo impressed. I definitely know now who to come to if I need a sepcific cake made, I'll gladly pay you to make me one for my birthday! :D

    Keep up the good work mate! :)

    Curtis, H.

    ReplyDelete