Wednesday 11 July 2012

Superman cake...

I recently made a superman cake for a little superman fanatic for his birthday party... And he loved it.
I used a simple vanilla sponge recipe with a buttercream and jam filling.

To decorate I bought a cheap superman stencil from Ebay and used that to make the famous superman logo using red and yellow icing. Once the stencil was made the rest was pretty easy!

I iced the cake with a bright blue sugarpaste and set the superman stencil as a centre piece on the cake.

As a finishing touch I added the age and name to personalise it. To break up the amount of blue icing, I used my left over yellow icing to add balls around the top edges of the cake and they held well with some glaze icing.

The logo is the trickiest part but I would definitely recommend buying a cheap stencil or make your own by printing the superman logo onto a sheet of cardboard and work around the cardboard to create the logo. Cheap and cheerful yet just as good as a professional stencil. The stencil I bought was designed for spraying the superman logo onto something ie. a wall but it worked fine and I was happy with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment