Tuesday 27 March 2012

Wedding Cupcake Bouquet...

I made some cupcake bouquets for a family member to share with her bridesmaids and maid of honour on the morning of her wedding. I gathered a few ideas from the internet and started the cupcake bouquets from scratch.
To make a cupcake bouquet you will need a vase/plant pot, cocktail sticks or cupcake metal holders, tissue paper of your choice and ribbon if desired and plant foilage. You will also need polestyrene balls or blocks to fill the vase with.

I used a cheap plastic plant pot from a local store and ordered polystyrene balls, metal cupcake holders and fake plant foilage off ebay. I used the colours cream and brown for the tissue paper and ribbon as these were the colours my cousin was having for the wedding.

I wrapped the pot in cream tissue paper and sealed it with a brown ribbon. I then put the polystyrene ball in the top of the plant pot with a sheet of tissue paper under it. I spaced out the metal holders evenly and pierced them through the polystyrene ball. I then used the foilage and placed leaves and flowers in the gaps between each metal holder.

After cooking some cupcakes and decorating them with chocolate fudge frosting or pale gold buttercream, I placed them in the metal holders. If there were any more gaps, I filled them with some extra foilage.



No comments:

Post a Comment