Tuesday 27 March 2012

Rugby Cake

I made a rugby theme cake for a friend and for the first time made an icing character!
This cake was the first personalised cake I have made and I was happy with the outcome.

I made a 10 inch square sandwiched cake with a buttercream and jam filling and covered the cake with green icing. I made a rugby player out of icing and decorated him in the colours of the team; red and yellow.

I made the goal posts out of candy sticks but this wasnt the greatest success as they were not big enough so I had to join two together vertically for the left and right side of the goal post and also two for the centre bar but this kept collapsing due to the weight of the candy sticks. If I were to make the cake again I would use a different technique; practise makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment